Monday, July 25, 2011

Tool 2

I have really enjoyed reading the blogs from other teachers on my campus. It is great to share in learning! Different people find different things as they look at other websites. I have learned so much just from reading their blogs.

I already have a Google Reader account. I set it up several years ago when I first did 23 Things with the SBISD Librarians. I have used it quite a bit. I have several other librarian blogs that I follow as well as blogs on children's literature reviews. I also set up a Diigo account and plan to use it to add websites for students to use in the library. I have used Delicious in the past and prior to that the site IKeepBookmarks. All of these are similar bookmarking websites that allow you to add and or access your favorite websites from any computer.

As far as building a PLN, I do have a few blogs that I follow and I have recently signed up for a Twitter account and have learned about following specific educational hash tags. While I do learn things from the blogs that I follow and specific websites that I visit, I also feel like my main PLN is my fellow colleagues right here in SBISD. I am constantly learning things from teachers on my campus as well as my fellow librarians. I can email my fellow librarians with questions and have answers before the day is over. They are a great network!

No comments: