Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing 2 - Image Generators


So many cool tools! I love Wordle! Above is a Wordle I created for my library. This is a great tool and one many of my teachers have used. There are so many possibilities for Wordle...students can create one to describe themselves, a character in a book, or even a science experiment. I have seen students create them to describe a biographical subject too. I love how these are so easy to create and you can choose layout, font, and color.

In regards to the other tools in Thing 2:
WordSift: Didn't like it as well as Wordle. It has a different focus, but similar. I do think this would be a great tool to help students identify main idea of an article or text students were reading. I like the feature of showing the word web and pictures from websites, however, this can produce some images you may not find appropriate for younger students.

Glogster: Love this!!! This is one of my new favorite tools! I played with this quite a bit and am excited to introduce this to teachers for projects!!

Voki: Very neat tool! I attempted to make a Voki, but had some technical difficulties. I do like the option of being able to put in your own voice! Students would love to hear your voice and create their own!

I created the book below on Bookr. This is a really cool tool, but I did not find it easy to use. You have to get pictures through Flickr Creative Commons and I found it difficult to get the right picture on the right page. It could be more difficult using a touch pad vs. a mouse. I think students would like this as an option.

No comments: