Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thing 8 - Screencast

Loved this! I looked at several of the options, but after reading several different post, I finally settled on Screencast-O-Matic. It was easy to use. I created a brief and not very polished screen cast on how to find a book using our online catalog, Meriwether. Here is the link:


A few things I learned about Screencast-O-Matic:
  • You have to create an account before you are able to fully use this tool and navigate between websites.
  • There are a few demo videos available that show you how to get started.
  • There is some editing features available, more if you purchase the "Pro" version.
  • You have several options for what to do with your finished screencast including posting to YouTube.
I think screencast are a great tool for students and teachers. As teachers, we can create screencast to help supplement instruction. Students can create screencast to teach each other how to do different tasks on the computer. I hope to use these this year in the library.

1 comment:

Adward said...

I use desktop recorder DemoCreator to create video tutorial for distance learning online. Screencast is one the best solutions that offer convenience for educators to share knowledge on the internet. Totally agree with you.