Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tool 5

So many great tools to explore here in Tool 5. I chose to look at Animoto and Storybird. Animoto was very simple to use. I created an Animoto of this year's Texas Bluebonnet Award master list for my 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. These grades participate in the Texas Bluebonnet Award reading program and I will use this Animoto to introduce this year's books. Animoto was very easy to use. I did go ahead and pay for a year's subscription so that I could make a longer Animoto. I will use it for making Animoto's about things going on in the library.

I also created a Storybird book. Several other teachers on my campus had created books on Storybird and I wanted to give it a try. It was very simple. I can see students at all grades being able to use this. I also looked at Storyjumper and TikaTok. I liked both of them as they both allow students to use their own art work and are probably better suited for older students who are ready to work on a more involved program. Both of my creations are posted below.

One of my favorite things about this tool was discovering all of the "how-to" tutorials on YouTube. After watching some of the tutorials posted here, I went and explored other tutorials posted by two different groups: Radford Education and eduTecher. Both of these YouTube channels had lots of great tutorials on all kinds of Web 2.0 tools! I will be checking these two channels often to see what new things they have posted!

No comments: