Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tool 8

In the library, we received iTouches 2 years ago and Dell netbooks and iPads last year so I am already familiar with the devices. I did know that the Dells had the web cams, but I wasn't familiar with the "webcam central" software and the ability to record video. I will definitely have to explore with this. The videos you had were great and I think will be a great help to teachers as they set up and manage their devices. I also learned about setting a particular website as an "app" or link button on your home screen. I had learned this before, but had forgotten how to do it. Again, nice to have these videos to go and be able to refer back. When you are first setting everything up, it is a little overwhelming, so it is easy to forget. One thing I would like know about the iTouches and iPads - is it possible to organize the apps on one device and then somehow "copy" or "duplicate" this to all your other devices? It would sure save a lot of time!

In the library I usually have a helper every morning that comes in and gets out the devices and helps to get them set up each day. I know of classroom teachers who have "technology helpers or captains" that do this as well. It is a nice routine to establish.

No comments: