Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing #21 - Podcasts

Whew! This one took some work! Unfortunately, I don't even know if you will be able to hear it! After much trial and error, I don't think the sound recording is working quite right on my computer - probably user error! With the headphones on, I can hear it clear as a bell. Without the headphones I have to turn up my volume all the way to hear it just a little bit. Hummm... it is a problem!

I really love podcasting and vidcasting. For Thing 21 I decided to create a book review using Photo Story. I have long admired one done by a fellow librarian! Now I have a new respect for this! It has taken me all day to do this! Well, in between all of the other demands on my time! First I had to find images, then write out my script, and of course I went back and rerecorded multiple times! When I had to choose music it almost sent me over the edge! I am pleased with my finished product (if the audio portion will work!) However, I don't know how many of these I will be doing, but I will definitely teach some kids how to do this!

I have been working with a second grade teacher at my school on podcasting for the past month. We have had great fun teaching the second graders how to podcast on Audacity. Check out their book reviews!

Here is the Photo Story on Belle Teal by Ann M. Martin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear it just fine...you have such a nice storytelling voice!

Terry said...

Hey - Froggy Wart took my comment! It really does sound good!

LKP said...

AWESOME! That's just about all I can say AWESOME!!! You did a GREAT Photostory! Can we post some on the LRP??? Maybe the new Bluebonnet list???

jenny said...

You are a library Goddess! I am so proud you are at our school! We have to show this on BHE TV!!!