Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing #23 - The End

Wow! What a journey! I can't believe I have made it to the end! This has been an incredible learning experience and I am grateful to our Kickball Captains for putting this together for us to explore, learn, stretch, and grow. Here is a summation of my thoughts about this journey...


What were your favorite discoveries along the way?
Blogging, comic strip generator, Google Reader, igoogle, Library Thing, podcasting, & vidcasting, just to name a few!


How has this program assisted or affected your life-long learning goals?
I love learning new things and this program has given me the opportunity to learn many new things! Most importantly, I have learned that I still have a lot to learn! It was also great fun reading the blogs of others and seeing what interesting things they found along the way.



Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes that surprised you?
Take aways were many! For one thing, I have thought about starting a blog for awhile, but have never really taken the time to set one up and learn about it. This program has forced me to do that and I really have enjoyed keeping my blog. I have been thinking about the direction I would like to see my blog move in now that the 23 Things are done. Another surprise to me was how many people are spending a lot of time online and what great things they have created for us to "play" with! (i.e. Flickr, Library Thing, Trading Card Maker, etc.)



What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?
Overall this has been a fabulous experience! However some of our "things" were quite time consuming. Maybe we could have fewer "things", or for the "things" that are heavy in activity, like the whole Google section, that could be divided up into smaller steps. Also, having talked to several players that were less familiar with technology, I think there needs to be either more specific instructions for a few of the things, or one or two face to face meetings after school.



If we offered another discovery program like this would you choose to play?
Of course, I am a glutton for punishment!



How would you describe your learning experience in one word or one sentence?
Amazing, mind-boggling, fantastic, appropriate,...yes I know it is more than one word! I just couldn't stop myself!

4 comments:

VWB said...

So glad you have enjoyed the blogging! look forward to seeing where you do go with your blog...you analyze everythnig so carefully...I look forward to your point of view on many new thnigs!

Congrats on a job well done!

Terry said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel like a giant weight has been lifted now that you're done! Now to find a way to incorporate a few new things!

Happy Harping said...

Yippee!!! You are awesome!! I love reading your comments. You must be a great typer because you write so much and so well.I love all your comments. I write smaller amounts becuase typing is so cumbersome to me. My fingers move smoother on the strings of my harp than the keys to the computer! So, now that these 23 things are over, let's play with some some more at school!

LKP said...

Let's be "gluttons" together!!! I don't spend nearly enough time "playing" with all that the web has to offer! You did an amazing job and we are PROUD of you!!!